1 class period | Max 30 students | Recommended for Grades 4+
Our classroom workshops based in Forum Theatre methodology give students the opportunity to explore complex social issues in a safe, facilitated environment that encourages creative problem-solving. Accordingly, our workshops are customizable to the issues that are most relevant to your classroom and are compatible with a wide variety of social justice, equity, civics, and arts-related curriculum content.
In these workshops, students experience a blend of fun group games, critical discussion, and participatory theatre exercises in order to unpack, discuss, and find actionable solutions to the chosen topic.
Each workshop is carefully crafted to meet your learning objectives – whether you are looking to address a particular topic, or teach your class about the Forum Theatre process, we can design a workshop for your needs. Our workshops involve…
- Creating a safe space where students feel comfortable participating
- Using body language to represent different ideas and perspectives involved in social issues
- Critically reflecting on new perspectives learned from the experience
1. Develop tools for navigating sensitive social issues of equity.
2. Learn to view problems from multiple perspectives and increase empathy for others.
3. Explore different forms of communication and creative problem-solving.
4. Generate passion for the arts, civic engagement, social justice and equity.
“Very valuable for the students involved. They were able to experience Forum Theatre first hand in a safe and welcoming environment!”
– Educator, about a workshop MCT facilitated with their class
For full descriptions of the programs and delivery options available, click to download our programming brochure:
To book or inquire about our offerings, email our communications team!