An UNESCO-recognized educational tool for implementing social change, Forum Theatre is a community-focused, facilitated style of theatre designed to address social issues and inspire action for change.
Forum Theatre gives communities the agency to develop their own grassroots solutions and the ability to envision the positive outcomes of creating social change.
The techniques of Forum Theatre creation are transferable to a wide range of community engagement and educational initiatives. Workshop participants will receive the skills to become better facilitators, artists, community leaders, and more socially-aware educators.
Our workshops have covered topics such as…
- An introduction to the key principles, exercises, and effective practices to use when creating Forum Theatre with communities
- Important considerations and practices to follow when scripting Forum Theatre plays
- The “Masks of Manipulation” – an invaluable character development and conflict resolution tool we often use in our Forum Theatre practice
- How to be an effective “Joker”/Facilitator in Forum Theatre projects and performances
- Creation and performance for social change
The sessions of Introduction to Forum Theatre, Forum Theatre Creation, and Forum Theatre Playwriting which were originally scheduled for August 2023 have been postponed to early 2024. We will be announcing the new dates during the Fall, so check back on this page or follow us on social media to be informed of the new dates once they are scheduled.
Thank you for your interest in our workshops!
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com
- Within a few days of completing the registration form, you will receive an email confirmation from an MCT staff member confirming the total amount to pay based on the workshops you signed up for, and any applicable discounts.
- Please make all cheques payable to “Mixed Company Theatre” and send them to 3761 Telford Line, Severn, ON L3V 6T5
- For payments through Interac e-transfer, and to ask any questions about fees, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cash payments are not permitted.
- Payment must be made on or before the start date of your workshop.